Below you will find the answers to many frequently asked question. If you find you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Department of Residence Life by calling 601.877.6478 or [email protected].

A: pg电子下载 State University has a Mandatory on campus residency requirement.

  • All fulltime students attending the university under the age of 21 who have completed 59 or fewer hours prior to the first day of classes for the term and are not living at the primary residence of their parents or legal guardians within a 40 mile radius of the university are required to reside on campus and participate in a meal plan.
  • Attaining the age requirement does not void the contractual agreements made for housing; provided, however, that a student who will attain the age of 21 prior to the first day of classes for the following spring semester may request a one semester housing contract/and further provided that a student under 21 who satisfactorily completes 60 or more hours during the first semester may be released from the second semester of the housing contract.
  • A nonrefundable application fee is required before the application can be processed. A student who is a military veteran with at least two years of service is exempted from these housing requirements. A married student, living with his/her spouse is exempted from these housing requirements. A single parent may also be exempted from these housing requirements if their child lives with them.
  • Students meeting the 40-mile radius must complete the Permission to Live Off Campus Form. The form must be signed by student, parent or legal guardian, Notary and bear the seal of the Notary.

A: We encourage you to make your residence hall room as cozy and comfortable as possible. This can be done by bringing curtains, rugs, pictures, posters. TV stands, small couches or chairs (Hiram Revels John Burrus, Female Honors and Student Nursing ONLY), bookshelves, beanbags, lamps or refrigerators (6 cubic feet, maximum). You may also bring your TV, stereo, DVD player, gaming system alarm clock or personal computer (desktop or laptop) to help spruce up your room. If you like you can also bring an air popcorn popper, rice cooker, or coffee pot. Please note that microwaves and refrigerators are only permitted in John Burrus, Hiram Revels, Female Honors and Student Nursing. Microwaves and refrigerators are provided in each suite in the Medgar Wiley Evers Heritage Village Complex.

A: The following items are not allowed in the residence hall: halogen lamps, George Foreman grills, toasters, candles and incense, decorative alcohol bottles, hot plates, crock pots, toaster ovens, sandwich makers, fryers of any kind, lava lamps and microwaves (if you live in the Medgar Wiley Evers Heritage Village Complex).

A: You are not allowed to have cooking items, such as those listed above, in any of the residence hall due to fire safety.

A: No, you do not have a curfew. When you arrive on campus you are issued a student ID card (Gold Card). This card will act as your key to your residence hall allowing you to come and go as you please. There is however, a visitation policy for the residence halls. Students and guest must follow the visitation policy can be found in the Student Handbook.

A: Yes, you are required to purchase a meal plan if you live in one of the residence halls on campus. Meal plan changes can only be changed before the start of each semester. After registration has been completed meal plans can’t be changed.

A: All assignments are made and mailed out around the first week of July. If you have roommate request, please make sure that both you and your requested roommate have requested each other with our office. No roommate request will be granted unless both you and your roommate request each other.

A: No there are many free amenities for you to enjoy while living in the residence hall. Some of these include cable, internet, electricity, water, movie channel and entertainment in the form of RA programs. Laundry facilities are located in each residence hall; students must have money on their Gold Card in order to use the facilities.

A: Your first step is to talk to your roommate: chances are your problems may stem from a lack of communication. If that does not work, you are encouraged to visit with your RA about the problem. Your RA can be a tremendous help by helping you and your roommate develop a guideline for living together. If you are still unable to get along with your roommate you may see your RD for a possible room change.

A: Room changes are available after the close of the registration process. For a room change you will need to contact the Assignments Coordinator and complete all required paperwork before the move takes place.

A: If there ever comes a time in the semester that you need to drop below the full time student (12 hour) requirement, you may be required to move out of the residence halls. In certain circumstances you may gain special permission from the Director of Residence Life to remain in campus housing. Dropping below 12 hours per semester has severe consequences. You may also want to check with the Financial Aid office to see how it will affect your student account.

A: If you lose your Gold Card you can get a replacement in the WWACB 1st floor Gold Card Administrator Office. There is a $25 replacement fee.

If you ever find yourself in a situation where help is needed you may contact your RA RD or Area Coordinator, residence life staff is on call 24 hours a day. We may also contact the ASU Police Department at 3000 in case of an emergency.

A: If you have a problem in your room you can submit a maintenance request to your RA or RD Once they have received your request, they will report the problem to the Facilities Management for repair.

A: If your roommate moves out or doesn’t show up, don’t worry. We will consolidate you with another person who needs a roommate or you may request someone you know to move in with you or pay for a private room.

A: It is not uncommon for students to lose the key to their room. If this happens to you, immediately contact your RD so that that they may have the lock changed to your room. You will need to go to the Business Office and pay for a lock change and then bring the receipt of payment to the Residence Life office for processing.

A: An RA is a student leader that lives on your floor or in your building. They are the first person that you should talk to if you have a problem. The RA can help you with a number of things like setting up your voicemail to your room phone and reporting any maintenance issues that may arise. The RA is also there if you have questions about campus resources, you need someone to talk to, or if you are having problems with your roommate. It is very important for you to know your RA, as they are your closet link to the university. After all, they’ve been in your shoes at ASU and know the ropes.

A: A RD is a specially trained professional staff member that is responsible for the management and the daily operation of the residence hall. Your RD lives in the building with the student and is there to help when needed. The RD is the direct supervisor for the resident assistants, and desk personnel of the building.

A: Area Coordinators are full-time professionals who live in the residence halls. They are responsible for creating an environment in the halls to support the academic success of the residential students. The Area Coordinator is the direct supervisor of the RD and responsible for the day to day management of the residence halls.
A: There are plenty of things to do in the residence halls and your are encouraged to get involved. The RA staff of your building will provide activities throughout the semester for you to attend. If there is something that you like to do or would like to learn more about, talk to your RA. They have the resources to plan an activity around your idea. Each hall also has a Hall Council that is supervised by professional staff. The Hall Council serves as the voice of the building and its residents when communicating to the Residence Life department. Hall Councils plan fun activities to help build hall pride among the residents of the building.

A: Yes, you need a phone in your room. The phone in your room is generally how members of the residence life staff will contact you. You are provided with a phone line in your room at no charge.

A: The Medgar Wiley Evers Heritage Village Complex are the only residence halls with wireless capabilities.